The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, September 16, 2016

The 6 Biggest Trends from the Spring 2017 Runways


Anna Wintour and daughter Bee Schaeffer


NYFW has officially ended.  Anna and the rest of the flock will be jetting across the pond to London, as their Fashion Week kicks off just about the minute they all touch down.

Kudos to the New York Daily News for nicely summing up what appears to be the key trends of the Spring 2017 Season.  Though it always seems an odd coincidence, the designers are influenced by the color forecasts that come out long before they put pen to pad and the same fabric mills that they all frequent.


In a nutshell, there was nothing that we haven't seen before, but I promise, you will see many, many times ahead in the months to come.  The trends they sited are below, and I followed up with my assessment:

Animal Magnestism:

Rebecca Minkoff

Altuzurra (one of my favorite designers and collections this season)


Not so Mellow Yellow:
Zac Posen

Thakoon
 Wear Your Greens:
Son Jung Wan


Tory Burch
 Flower Power:
Jenny Packham

Michael Kors
 Fringe Benefits:
Ralph Lauren

Naeem Kahn (and yellow, a twofer)
 The Cold Shoulder:
An exquisite Monique L'Hullier

Marchesa

For me, the only two that looks that feel like retro retreads are the fringe from Ralph Lauren and the Lilly Pulitzeresque offering from Tory Burch.

I adore animal prints. I see them as timeless. It feels fresh to see them trending in a grey pallette, instead of  traditional camels and blacks.

Yellow is a very tricky color at retail, because with most peoples coloring, it is hideously unflattering. This is a trend I would use more as a pop; a patent clutch or shoe.

Green has not had a moment for quite some time...I'm liking it and pleased that I was ahead of the curve when I bought Victoria Beckham in just this hue.

Floral's for spring are not exactly new, but I do love them. The only caveat with any print is that they can overpower; always make sure you see your first...not the frock.

Fringe?  I'm over it.

I was thrilled to see the continuing of Cold Shoulder dressing. I like it, so much in fact that I purchased a black sequin cold shoulder Donna Karan gown last spring (I'm wearing it my blog picture.) I think it's sexy and modern and I'm glad it carried over.

What are you loving? What will you wear? What would you not be caught dead in?

Happy Weekend Lovelies!

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...