The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, September 9, 2016

Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Lipsticks and Cream Blush


Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Satin Lipstick
8 Shades $24

I mentioned on Labor Day,  I did my version of Back To School shopping; a three stop sweep of CVS, Sephora and Ulta.  Two of the products I was on a mission for, a new volumizer by Living Proof and Tarte's oddly named "Shape Tape" a concealer that is only available at Ulta and Tarte's website were sold out.

Shape Tapes 5 star raves have caused a bit of hysteria in the beauty world and it is sold out,  almost everywhere.  Naturally, that only heightens my own, "gotta have it" mania.  I did sample the light/medium and I must admit, I was mightily impressed...Their list price is $24. It can be had for a premium of $28 plus shipping from QVC, but I'm just going to wait it out.  In the interim, I still happy enough with my new Too Faced Born This Way Concealer.

Once at Ulta, I found myself in my usual zen like trance and wandered from aisle to aisle.  It drives me absolutely INSANE, that there are no mirrors at Ulta, save for the occasional smudged hand mirror, left lying about. I also would like to see a lot more alcohol, tissues, makeup remover, cotton balls and waste baskets. Isn't the whole point to try this stuff on? 

The first thing that caught my eye was Juice Beauty's beautifully hued Phyto-Pigments Satin Lip Cream.  Where did these come from???  It took a moment for me to remember that Juice Beauty is Gwyneth Paltrow's beauty company.

Ohhhhhhhh....

Gwyneth, who has the distinction of being named Star Magazine's "Most Hated Celebrity in the World", is admittedly, not a fave of mine either.  I thought her "conscious uncoupling" from then husband, Coldplay's front man Chris Martin, sounded, nauseatingly pretentious.  And then their is poor "Apple". Seriously, who names their kid, "Apple"???

But, for beauty, Gwyneth, GOOP, her vaginal steams, all get a pass...
Oh these lipsticks were pretty! I set about sleuthing to find clean products, to sterilize them with, so I could try on what appeared to be a beautiful, flush colored nude.

The texture was dryer and thicker than I imagined for a "satin creme" lipstick, but that was nothing compared to the taste of this "vegan" all natural product.

I didn't know what to do first...though my first thought was scrape my lips and tongue with Ajax, if only it was available...  What a horrible, rancid taste! Goodness NO!  Was I truly surprised to later read the first ingredient is castor oil??? Not really...NEXT!
Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Blush
4 Shades $24


I did need a new cream blush, since my lovely Lipstick Queen Blush Queen Oxymoron Blush had come unhinged and could no longer travel in my makeup case.  I had better luck with Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Cream Blush in Seashell, a pretty rosy pink, that can also double as a lip tint. It glides on nicely and stays put...for a few hours.  If you prefer all day wear, this is not your blush, but if you are OK with a few retouches, it is soft and very natural looking.


Of course now I was more curious about the critical reception to Juice Beauty
Her radiant primer wins raves and has made a place on my "Products to Try" list.
So did her Green Apple Full Strength Peel, which scored 5 stars from 130 users on Juice Beauty's Website.  (I doubt her staff penned all of them.)


Juice Beauty Full Strength Green Apple Peel
(Also available in a sensitive strength)
$45

What about you? Have you tried any Juice Beauty Skincare or Makeup?  Are you a Gwyneth fan, or does something about her irk you too???

Happy weekend Lovelies!

xox,
DD

1 comment:

  1. Had the same experience with the phyto lipstick. Took it back to Ulta and the sales girl used the word "rancid". Exactly! I'm thinking it might be how the products are displayed under warm lights.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...