The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, September 18, 2016

DivaDebbi's Red Carpet Report Card: Emmy's 2016



Can I please start off by asking, who are these people???  I just went through 147 Yahoo Red Carpet photos and I have never seen half of them.  I feel a little bad about critiquing people whose identities are unknown to me, but it balanced out when two of them made the A List.

I was at a dinner party, so I missed all the Red Carpet hoopla as well as Jimmy Kimmel's opening monologue, but he seems to be doing just fine, affable, funny and relaxed.

Did everyone get the same memo or simply use the same stylist?  A preponderance  of white, black, cutouts galore and as if ripped from the Spring 2017 runways, some seriously pretty marigold yellow and leaf green dresses.

There was a lot of simplicity that was pretty, but did not excite, like the fabulous Emmy Rossum in a low cut white gown, slit to there and Julie Bowen in Lela Rose. Viola Davis also looked lovely in a fuchsia Marchesa, but lost crucial Red Carpet Olympic points for the ill fitting darts in the bust area.  Judith Light looked lovely and Maisie Williams was sweetly charming.

Misses for me that may win raves by others were: Taraji P. Henson, Tracee Ross, Julia Louis Dreyfuss (I LOVE JLD and howl at VEEP, but seriously, 5 consecutive wins??? I'm all for some term limits being put in place), condolences though, for the loss of her beloved father.  We feel ya Julia. Amazing that you attended. Sophia Vergara. Once,  just once, I'd die to see her in something that didn't look like it was painted on at an auto body shop.  Ditto, Laverne Coxe.The jury is still out on exactly what it is that Keri Russell was wearing.  I don't know who designed it and I can't tell if I love it or hate it, until I see it from all angles.

A few, who initially made the F List, moved up a notch compared to atrocities that followed. D Lister's include: Constance Zimmer, Maura Tierney, Ellie Kemper and Ariel Winter, who forgot to look in a full length mirror, before leaving the house.

I am delighted to put Sarah Paulson, Tina Fey, Claire Danes and Michelle Dockery on the A List, as they often disappoint. So without further ado, my DivaDebbi 2016 Emmy's Loves and Loathes:

The A List:


Tom Hiddleston
Auditioning to be the next James Bond.
Well played. 



Priyanka Chopra
Stunning again on the RC, this time in Jason Wu

Amelia Clarke
Atelier Versace



Mandy Moore
A fave and a knock out in Prabal Garung


Sarah Paulson in Prada
Congrats on your winning and making the A List

Claire Danes
Schiaperelli

Tatiana Maslany
Congrats on your win.
Spectacular in Alexander Wang



Kristen Bell
Fresh and lovely in Zuhair Murad


Michelle Dockery
Oscar de la Renta




Felicity Huffman
Designer Unknown.
I. Love. This. Madly.


Tina Fey
Yay Fey.  I knew you could do it.
Oscar de la Renta, hair from this century

Abigail Spencer
I don't know who she is,
but she looks stunning in this
Jenny Packham gown



The F List:

Xenia Warrior Princess

Carly Chaiken
Xenia Warrior Princess

Gaby Hoffman
Channeling Ebeneezer Scrooge
Kerry Washington in Brandon Maxwell
He is GaGa's go to guy.  'Nuf said.

Anna Chulmsky
in a mylar mullet monstrosity 




Amy Poehler
in a PF Chang Lettuce Wrap

The same Pamella Roland
dress looked divine on the model.
On Amy the proportions are terrible .
A fashion tragedy 

Heidi Klum in Michael Kors
for the Bellagio

Sarah Hyland in Monique L'Huillier
A clean sweep

I think it would be a better idea if Red Carpet reporters wore nice, safe uniforms, do I hear a second???

Giuliana Rancic
Romeo, Romeo...Where for art thou Romeo?

Nancy O'Dell
Fresh from her Dancing With the Stars tryout 

So my Lovelies, there you have it...who did I miss??? Who did you love and who did you loathe??? Shall we agree to disagree???

Lemmeknow...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...