The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, January 23, 2016

They Had Me at Halo: My results with the Halo Laser (Part 1)

The hand held Halo Laser Fraction Hybrid Laser by Sciton

Whenever I receive an email one from my friends at Melissa Kelz Communications, I open it on the spot. Melissa and her team specialize in beauty, health, fitness and lifestyle. I can always count on receiving the most up-to-date information on what is going on in these fields. Melissa also represents some of the best plastic surgeons and dermatologists in the country, many of them practicing in my playground, NYC.  

Women in NY are on their A game and for some, that includes a lot of anti-aging maintenance. The biggest caveat? Everyone wants results, no one wants the downtime. Enter the beauty of the Halo Laser by Sciton.  The Halo Laser is a hybrid fractional laser that can precisely target the right depth, for each individual, to erase years of damage. Halo works as effectively as older deep dermal treatments but with minimal downtime.  The future is now!!!

When Melissa's team reached out to tell me that Dr. Mark Schwartz, a top rated Plastic Surgeon was successfully treating patients in his NYC office, I asked if it might be possible to receive a Halo Laser treatment to report on. I was excited that they said yes although a bit nervous...what was I getting myself into?

Dr. Mark Schwartz' beautiful office and outpatient surgical facility.
79 East 79th St. NYC
212-737-9090



Dr. Schwartz office is located on the Upper East Side in a gorgeous townhouse. His staff, Megan who coordinates patient services and nurse Barbara couldn't have been kinder or more accommodating. 

Dr. Mark Schwartz in his fully accredited outpatient
 surgical facility(for half a second I wanted to bolt!  Was I having brain surgery or a laser treatment?!)  More impressive then some hospitals I've seen.

I met with Dr. Schwartz first, who took the time to review my medical history and then explained everything about my treatment, and exactly what to expect during and after.  He answered all my questions and showed me pictures of patients during the healing process. He was warm, professional and caring and I immediately felt relieved that I would be in his skilled hands. 

We agreed to go for a medium to deep peel, in more heavily pigmented areas. Why go through this if not to get the best possible result? Women do choose light peels, however, when they need to be Red Carpet ready in a day or two.

Barbara then took 3-D pictures so Dr. Schwartz would be able adjust the Halo handpiece to treat areas of my face that needed deeper penetration than others. Next she cleansed my face thoroughly and applied an excellent numbing cream.  After a half an hour, I wasn't even sure my head was still attached to my shoulders!  Dr. Schwartz and I had discussed pain management. Local ladies often opt for a Valium/Percoset cocktail. Since I drove into town, we agreed on Advil/Tylenol instead, which I would have preferred either way. 

The treatment itself took about 25 minutes. As discussed, it felt warm and at times prickly. I think my tolerance for pain is fairly high.  On a 1-10 scale, I would put it at a 2/3. What was more uncomfortable, and what I had been prepped for, was the 45 minutes or so after the peel. At the point, it feels like the worst sunburn you've ever had.  Barbara and Megan took turns applying strips of gauze, dipped in cold water to my skin. They also had a tube they blew cool fresh air on my skin.  Both helped to reduce the sting considerably.  

When I left, since my eyes had been protected by goggles, I pretended I either looked like I had spent a week skiing in Gstaad or fell asleep on a beach in St. Barts. Either way, it wasn't pretty, but by the time I reached my sisters apartment, (the only time in my life I ever enjoyed walking in NYC on a freezing day,) it had subsided completely. Sis noticed nothing, other than I wasn't wearing any makeup, notable in and of itself!

Later than night I was a bit pink and swollen. I took some advil and went to bed.  Check back tomorrow for Part 2, of my Halo Laser treatment with Dr. Mark Schwartz, pics included.

It will be worth it...and for me, it surely  was.

xox,
DD






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...