The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, November 13, 2015

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil
38 Shades/$20


My beauty and my blog life have always seem to run in parallel...I was down to the nub of my very nice espresso brown Palladio eye pencil just before I left for London.  Ulta, had very few in stock when I purchased it, so I wasn't about to risk hauling back, to an empty shelf for a $4.99 pencil.

I was taking the Red Eye and had immediate plans to meet friends for breakfast.  I needed a new pencil that could, literally, last through the night, but whose???

Kismet prevailed, as my inbox produced a reach out from on of the editors of Reviews.com , with an extremely comprehensive review of the the best waterproof eyeliners. Cutting to the chase, I went straight to the most highly rated, which turned out to be Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil.

I was heading to Sephora anyway, as I always enjoy bringing my London host a bag full of my "can't live without" faves of the moment.  I veered straight to the Urban Decay area and was blown away by the staggering array of shades offered.  (When I'm happy with a shade I'm trying to duplicate, I always bring it with me so I can stripe swatch my wrists with a close match. )   I thought "Demolition" to be an excellent dupe. When I repurchase, I will probably go for a shade lighter since it appeared a hair harsh under my eyes.



True to their rave, Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Pencil held up without a budge through my Ambien slumber, and wide eyed on my return trip.  My only grudge about the no budge, is that I would describe the application as a bit more "tug" than I would "glide".

Overall, I'm pleased and I'm happy that I went with Reviews.com's recommendation. To read the entire article for yourself, please click here.  Their team take their work very seriously.  It was written with as much depth as many of the medical abstracts I have read on breast cancer over the years. Either way, whether you skim or hunker down, I promise you will come away more informed then when you started.

With luck, the next time I'm running low on something, my beauty stars will align and another Review.com will again, come to the rescue.

Here's hoping...

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...