The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Review: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
$7.99

I like gel eyeliner pencils.  Trish McEvoy's Intense Gel Eyeliner Pencil in midnight blue delivers beautiful results, but it's pricey ($28) and requires sharpening almost daily. Translation; it has a short shelf life.

I noticed Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner because it was advertised in a few of the mega September fashion issues, one of the rare times a year I actually purchase glossies anymore.  I made a mental note to try one, but had no luck finding them on any of my drugstore runs.

What the puck???

As I honed down to to the tale end of my last Trish Gel Eyeliner Pencil,  I was trying to figure out when I would visit Saks or Bloomingdales to replace it. I was also out of my HG lip gloss, Pur Minerals Chateau Kisses Lip-Plumping Lip Gloss in Glitzy, which required an Ulta run. On my way out, I decided to see if they might have Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in stock.


Lo and behold, they had ONE but it happened to be in Lustrous Sapphire, a really bright blue that had a Bollywood feel...What to do???

I decided to try it. At best, it would hold up to its claims of glide on, smudge proof,16 hour wear. At worst, the color would be untenable and I would return it, but at least I found one.

On it's own, lustrous sapphire is too bright for my tastes, but if used on top of the brown shadow I lined my upper lid with, it turned into a perfect "Dupe" for my Trish pencil! It does indeed meet it's claims and exceeds mine since it's less than a third of the price.

On the plus side, it does come in 4 other shades, including white, that some reviewers thought looked outstanding on their upper or lower waterlines (inner lids).

I'd be happy to try the "sleek onyx", or "glazed toffee" at some point.  I'm still confused why this current product is nearly impossible to find. Maybe it's just so good, it's literally flying off the shelves. I highly recommend purchasing it.

Wishing you luck...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...