The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Review: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
12 Shades $39


I'll admit that when I here the words Medium-Full Coverage describing a foundation, I immediately think, "not for me!" It conjures up a combination images of bad skin and newscasters, who unfortunately, are left with no pore unviewed, courtesy of HD TV.

What do I need this for?

The buzz on Too Faced Born This Way foundation is phenomenal.

I am a huge fan, and liberally take advantage of Sephora's sampling program. No matter what is written, the only thing that matters is how a product performs for us individually. Having the ability to test a product on freshly washed and prepped skin, not layered over other makeup while playing in store, is a world of difference. I also love trying things out for several days so I can see how it wears and washes off, before pulling the trigger on a purchase.  I was happy to sample Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in "Golden" and as always, hoped for the best.

For starters, I've never seen a foundation that so closely matched my skin tone, which is the big push behind this foundation. Despite the fact that it is a medium to full coverage foundation, it is meant to be virtually undetectable, your skin, but literally perfected:

What it is:
An oil-free foundation for natural-looking, full coverage and a beautiful, radiant finish. 

What it does:
Born This Way is an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can’t see the makeup or the imperfections—just a natural-looking, luminous, flawless complexion. The revolutionary formula is infused with a potent combination of coconut water to naturally replenish moisture levels; nature’s resilient alpine rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity; and hyaluronic acid for a smoother, more youthful appearance. 

Only the tiniest bit is needed, and it is best applied as suggested by putting a dot in the center of the face and then fanning out with fingertips or a brush. For those who would prefer a hair less coverage, I would recommend combining it with a spritz of a hydrating mist if you have one, or, in a pinch, I'm sure good old H2O would suffice.

So, can I get past my own bias of thinking, who me? "needing" a medium to full coverage foundation.  Well, I guess that depends on how you define "need".

Can I get used to looking radiant, spotless and flawless everyday? Can I appreciate a product that stays put and doesn't fade or change color even during one of the busiest times of my work year? One that lets me layer blush over it seamlessly?

Ya.  I can.  Afterall what's in a word???

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...