The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review: Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation
$11.99...or so


Am I the only woman on the planet who likes this foundation???  Possibly...I bought it on a whim because I had a $3 off coupon at CVS.  In addition to all day wear, Better Skin promises, well, better skin, after three weeks of use, specifically lightened  hyper pigmentation, that's freckles and age spots, in English.

I'll bite...I love the fact that makeup finally has some benefits to it besides make us look better.  I also wanted to experiment with trying a really dark shade, that would hopefully mimic from the get go, what I look like after tinted moisturizer and Stila's One Step Bronzer Mousse.


I like the pump applicator and the fact that the consistency is thin and light.  The first day I mixed it with a bit of water, today I used a serum. I don't know why I feel compelled to tamp down foundations, but I do.  One of the complaints I read was that it was too matte.  I can see that call out, but I'll settle for matte when I also look poreless and flawless!

"Warm Honey" made me look like I had lovely, natural, beachy tan. I did add a hint of shimmer with my usual pump of One Step Bronzer, applied with a Kabuki brush. A bit of blush and I was thrilled with my end game.

I am stumped by the negative reviews.

I checked TotalBeauty to see how it was rated but there were no reviews yet.  I did stumble across there
round up of the 12 Worst Drugstore Foundations and of course perused it. (Click here to see the thumbnails.)  Interestingly, SuperStay had a predecessor and had been reformulated.  It was also dead last...

I'm sticking my neck out on this one Lovelies. I've bought a lot of the good ones...Chanel, Armani, Guerlain, Dior, Laura Mercier, Lancome and can't say I looked any better than I did this morning and for my $8 investment, I'm happy to stand by it....

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...