The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

L'Oreal Sublime Self Tanning Serum; A great find

$10,99
L'Oreal Sublime Self Tanning Serum
$10.99 3.4 fl. Oz.

If you can find it, that is...

As soon as I saw this advertised, I wanted to try it.  This is a completely new medium for self tanner. No one has ever produced a self tanning serum.  

Touting its ability to last for up to two weeks, I was desperate to get my hands on it. As well, the reviews I read were glowing; easy to apply, not too stinky, streak free, golden and long lasting.  Now all I had to do was find it...

I struck out at two CVS's in Greenwich. Ditto one in Newport as well as a Rite Aid. I was contemplating ordering it online, when I got lucky and snagged the last one at Ulta.

It's actually a rather small bottle, so If one was applying it regularly to the whole body, it would have a short shelf life.  It is not scent free, but I have smelled worse. I have to admit. the only place I have used it straight up is on my face. For the sake of ease, and to safeguard a streak free application, I have mixed a few pumps with my Burts Bee's Radiance Body Lotion for the last three days.

As always, self tanner is best applied after exfoliating well in the shower. I also always buff an old wash cloth over my knees, ankles and elbows...anywhere that excess product might seep into a nook or cranny and then wash my hands like a surgeon.

I usually prefer to be able to "see" my self tanner, so I have a good shot at avoiding streaks, but this golden serum takes all the toil out of the application process.

Here's the really good news...the effect is a rich, even, golden, natural looking hue.  Magically, it also does not darken freckles, but blends them.  Will it last for two weeks?  The way I'm using it?  For sure, since I am gradually adding a bit of color everyday.

Do I love it???  Yes, I do. And I think you will too, if you can find it...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...