The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, July 17, 2015

Flashback Friday: Trish McEvoy Intense Gel Eyeliner



Trish McEvoy Gel Eyeliner
$28
I was cleaning out one of my makeup drawers the other day, when I stumbled across a nub of what was left of my Trish McEvoy Gel Eyeliner. I remembered liking it well enough and wrote about it in a previous post.

Curious, of course, I tried it again.  What is great about this eyeliner, is that it gives you a really dramatic eye, because it is so heavily pigmented.  Against type, I chose the dark navy, which would really play beautifully off any eye, but is a particularly nice enhancement for those of us who got stuck with brown eyes.

Why had I abandoned it?



Well, for two reasons mainly; it requires constant sharpening to keep a point tapered enough to achieve a clean line, which therefore means you will run through this pencil fairly quickly. (Speaking of sharpeners, nicely, it is included in the box TM Intense Gel Eyeliner comes in. One could easily toss it.)

It glides on easily and does a reasonable job of staying put.  I found now,by going over the line with a fine brush and a touch of medium brown  it remains intact all day.

I caved and bought a new one the next day.

I don't share makeup with anyone, but my friend and colleague Linda Levy and I sometimes forget something crucial and I happen to know she is as fastidious and neurotic as I am.  This week I forgot my mascara and got to try her beloved (and truly excellent) Charlotte Tilbury Mascara. The next day she forgot her liner and got to try my Trish Gel Eyeliner.

For both of us, it was love at first swipe.

I have toiled, as of late, to find the perfect way to line my eyes.  So far, I'm pretty happy with this purchase the second time around. Good enough to anoint it with DivaDebbi Holy Grail status???

We shall see...

xox,
DD




2 comments:

  1. Debbi (and Linda!) - The ONLY eyeliner that stays and stays for me is one I learned about a few years ago in Richards! It's Kimara Ahnert gel in a pot. Better than Bobbi Brown's, I swear! I use a small brush and tightline my upper and lower waterlines with it - it doesn't budge all day. I try other pencils and pots - but I always go back. So, here's one of your readers (and customers) "holy grail" eyeliner. Try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Jill!
    I'm with Linda in Newport as we speak! Thank you for chiming in! I sometimes find gel pots to be hard to manage, but if you love it, I will try it. Promise!

    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...