The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator

Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator
$12.99


Last week I wrote about my splurge purchase, Armani's Fluid Sheer Highlighter.
It felt very extravagant to spend $62 on a highlighter, but in a weak moment, I had to see if it lived up to it's cult status.

I was curious how it stacked up against Revlon's Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator, a similar product that costs nearly $50 less.

Well, for starters, they have completely different textures.  Armani's Fluid Sheer is aptly named; it feel like liquid silk to the touch. It easily blends with foundation but is subtle enough to be used as a highlighter.  It's also available in 11 shades vs. Revlon's 4.

There really isn't an apt color match for Armani's Fluid Sheer #10.  Revlon's Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bronze, is probably 5 shades deeper. The consistency is heavier and while it can be combined with foundation, I think it would be too heavy to be used as a highlighter.

It's by no means perfect, but the much softer price point did not weigh on my conscience. When I returned my Armani Fluid Sheer to Sephora today I feel a bit relieved. I have no problem being extravagant when a splurge feels worthy; for me, this one missed the mark.

Sometimes less is more...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...