The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Lierac Paris New Eye Makeup Remover

Lierac Paris Eye Makeup Remover
$24  3.40z




I have to admit to being a bit bitter...I searched my whole life for the perfect eye makeup remover--one that was not oily, blinding me with a viscous film, one that removed every spec of makeup breezily and had lash enhancing properties.

I finally found it in Lierac Paris Diopti Demaq,  a cool gel that worked spectacularly.  It was a little pricey, but each tube lasted at least 6 months. It was my Holy Grail and then poof , it was gone.

No longer offered by Lierac, I resorted to hoarding tubes I purchased on Amazon. At some point, one must ask themselves, "just how old is this stuff."??? Hmmmmm. Big Sigh.

Just as I was at the on the very last drop, I received word that Lierac had launched a new eye makeup remover, might I be interested in sampling it?

Naturally...and can you Fed Ex it please?

Their newest Lierac offering purports to go one better than my old bucket list; in addition to removing even waterproof makeup and accelerating lash growth, it also, "soothes and contours the eye area". As before, it is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

So, does it live up to my original Holy Grail?  Not quite.  I miss the gel consistency...the new one is watery and doesn't feel as emollient or soothing.

Still, it does do a really good job of removing my eye makeup and if really is enhancing my lashes and contouring my under eye area, even by just a hair, it's more than 99% of what other removers do.

Do I miss the original? Yes.  Does it frustrate me that they have toyed with perfection?  Check.  Will I buy it on my own when this bottle runs out?

Definitely, maybe...

xox,
DD



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...