The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Nexxus Youth Renewal Exlir


$17.99


An extraordinary thing happened the other night;  I washed my own hair, (which is getting rarer these days as my addiction to my stylist Lucas Magnum continues to evolve.)  When I looked under my sink, through dozens of hair care products, I literally did not have a single item left to combat  frizz.

Quell horreur! 

What to do? considering we were in the midst of some very humid weather. Everything else in the my arsenal was meant to repair or amp up the volume.  All I had to rely on were my biceps.

Because I used a really good conditioner, (the one that comes with Garnier's Olia Hair Color is amazing...Yes.  I buy it just for the conditioner), my hair came out better than expected. Now that I had refreshed my memory about what was in my inventory, I decided to retry Nexxus Youth Renewal Elixir, a leave-in product that was launched as part of a system to rebuild and strengthen aging hair. I love the effect of face serums, so creating one specifically for hair sounded good to me.

In  addition, the complete  line is intended to, "combat 8 visible signs of aging hair; volume loss, breakage, less shine, roughness, dryness, brittleness, unruliness and loss of vibrancy. Seriously??? Weren't the last 5 signs a wee redundant?
  
They put in some good stuff like Omega 3, keratin, essence of pearl, argan oil, CoQ 10, wheat protein and Vitamin E and the less good sounding benzephenone-4 into this serum. As directed, I pumped 3-4 drops into my palm, rubbed them together and distributed it from root to tip.  Based on the thickness of my hair however, I did a repeat performance...I could see going through a bottle quickly.

I like how this stuff feels...my hair instantly absorbed it without getting weighed down and looked more manageable and shiny.  The excellent online review I read, claim it only gets better and better with continued use.

I'm going to keep at it.  I may even pick up another bottle on my next CVS run plus my old standby , John Frieda 3 Day Straight...I've yet to find anything better.  In the meanwhile, I'm also going to continue shopping under my sink.

Apparently, good things await me...

xox,
DD     P.S.  I have continued using Nexxus Youth Renewal System and my hair is
                    definitely glossier and the the breakage around the front of hairline 
                    improved.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...