The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss

Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss
$24

Stila's newest launch in the long wear lip category is a gloss, following the success of their Stay All Day Lipstick.  It's been garnering quite a bit of buzz and after reading a rave on Beauty Editor, about their fantastic, moisture rich long wear, I decided I had to give it a whirl.

I'm not usually a fan of long wearing lipsticks, for the same reason you probably are not; they tend to leave lips looking stained, but parched.  Nahsopretty...
I was quite hopeful that Stila had cracked the code with their Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss.
I tried it on freshly prepped lips last night at Sephora and was kind of amazed at how highly pigmented it is for a gloss.

It feels wet and sticky and a blob hung suspended in mid air for a few seconds until I shmushed it into my bottom lip. In a minute later, my lips look full and pretty. The shade I chose (1 of 8)  Nude Vinyl was a lovely neutral.

I was short on time and quickly weighed the pros and cons of leaving without, loving it and having to come back and purchase it or buying it and having to return it if I hated it....

Ultimately, I decided to be optimistic and purchase it...Ruh Roh. Wrong weigh.

A funny thing happened to Nude Vinyl on me; it turned my lips a light poppy color. They looked matte and odd, almost doll like, and they stayed that way until I took my makeup off.


I never opened my new tube, so I felt no guilt about returning it Besides, I'm a well known fixture at Sephora in Greenwich and they know where their grease pots are greased.

So my Lovelies, no matter what else you may read about Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss, take a lesson from me; try it, don't buy it.

They will all be there the next day, I promise...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...