The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, February 17, 2014

Review: Physician's Formula Nude Wear Highlighter

Physician's Formula Touch of Glow
List Price $12.95
Rip off Price at CVS in Greenwich, Ct.
$14.95

Is this not the cutest packaging evah??? You can't tell from the picture, but the lower part is actually faux baby pink alligator.  Adorbs!

I first became aware of this product during my daily read of Musings of a Muse, one of my favorite beauty blogs.  Isabella, the Muse, reviews and writes up a prodigious amount of product each week.  I bow to thee. I think she's terrific, and I highly recommend you subscribe to her blog as well.

I do prefer a liquid highlighter and my iconic YSL Touche Eclat has finally bid me adieu. Touch of Glow Nude Wear bills itself as a Concealer/Highlighter/TouchUp Tool.  I wasn't looking to replace my concealer, but a highlighter and touch up tool appealed to me.

Touch of Glow only comes in one shade but the "reflecting pigments" it contains are all supposed to be in nude hues.  Like  Touche Eclat the applicator twists, until the product dispenses onto a small nylon brush:



The product appeared to be a medium golden beige, so I was surprised at how chalk like it appeared once I applied it. Granted, I'm lightly tanned, having spent a glorious few days in Palm Beach, undoing a years worth of anti-aging by basking in the sun, (and it was worth every freckle.)

I snapped a"selfie" and confirmed what I suspected; raccoon eyes.  Still I have high hopes.  I tamped it down with a bit of serum and it blended well with my concealer, perking up my under eye area  and providing a bit of light on top of my cheekbones.

I actually prefer seeing how new makeup works on fresh makeup, so tomorrow will be the true test.  I'm hoping, that like Touche, it will be effective for touch ups and highlighting areas like the cupid bow, cheekbones and the inner corners of the eyes. Unlike Touche, even at an inflated price, it could be a beauty bargain.

I'll post a selfie for you. Feel free to weigh in.



xox,
DD

P.S. I've been using it for a couple of months now and I think it's a winner! Subtle, long wearing and indeed, a true beauty bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...